Thursday, September 3, 2015

RV Aspirations Reawakened My Savant Spirit

This is one of the many outtakes...my learning curve was showing that day.  I wrote the music and lyric in a day and had to do this just the next day... 
I was looking through my videos and I found these. This was the start of my getting my music self back. I played the piano every now again but not often. We had been watching the Brett Michaels, Rock My RV series on TLC. I decided that I wanted to enter the contest. I would love an RV and thought this could be fun. I hadn't been doing anything with music for years and years... Probably at least 17 years! This piano that I'm playing here is way out of tune and the sustain pedals don't work. It is the piano that I grew up playing! I will never part with it! So many memories and so much joy at these keys...

I  wrote the lyrics in about 20 min. I sat down at my piano and this came to me quickly also...I had so much fun putting this jingle together! The whole family got in on it...Zoe put together her iPad presentation. Howard directed and filmed... It took us a few hours to put it all together lol. It was a good effort and I was proud of the submission! So much fun.

It was exhilerating to find that I still had music in my head, heart and soul... I realized that I so wanted to find that part of me again. It wasn't long after this that we bought my keyboard, amp and
mic... The savant side of me still wanted to come out! What a fun realization and journey this has been!

Lol so silly... 

Here is our finished submission... Hey, I thought it was good lol, I still do!

What I got from this attempt wasn't an RV ... It was however,  the awakening of a childhood savant that decided after many years I'm not done yet! 
Here I am today, writing my own songs... Who would have thought? Certainly not me...


I'm so glad to have found myself again! 






No comments: