Monday, September 14, 2015

Don't You Just Love The Magic Of The Find




Could It Be Magic written by Barry Manilow
                            SoundCloud link here is better!➡️    Could It Be Magic written by Barry Manilow                               
The garage clean up ended up being a treasure trove of forgotten items. One in particular was an awesome discovery! The leaf to my dining room table. I bought the formal dining room set about 10 years ago when I moved into the house. I had set the leaf in the garage with a blanket to cover it. I had never used it! We pulled it from the wall and I insisted that it we bring it in. Yesterday my daughter and I inserted in into the table and suddenly I had this lovely huge dining space. I can comfortably serve 8-10 people! This was thought provoking! A chair had broken so I only had 5 chairs. I looked around at stores on the internet to see if I could find some chairs, to no avail.
My husband suggested that I look on Craigslist, so I did. I had assumed because my set was rather traditional that I would never be able to find a set of chairs that would be comparable. I was shocked and amazed to have found these on Craigslist!
Although they don't match exactly, I have staggered and incorporated them into my exisiting set. I think they look eclectic and I love em!

Out of this huge valley of people and places, this find was just a few blocks away! The family selling these are in my neighborhood so this was all just as easy as could be. As if by magic...lol. I wish all days were like this! I had so much fun with "the find"! I found this beautiful new 60x120 tablecloth at Ross for $12.00. Another find, I think it is beautiful! What a fun day I had!
I love a bargain and I love to live pretty. It is fun when both things come together!



No comments: