Sunday, September 6, 2015

Our Day Trip To Tonto Natural Bridge Near Payson Arizona



We decided to get out of Phoenix today to do some hiking. The weather is always cooler at higher elevations and we had heard that this was a nice hike to do. Not too difficult and beautiful. We drove about 10 miles out of Payson to this lovely place! We thought it was beautiful and at the bottom the creek and the waterfall is lovely and so cooling! Water drips on your head as if it were rain. Just refreshing after the hike down in the sun.

I packed a simple peanut butter and jelly lunch with apples, trail mix, chips and some Colby cheese that I cut for us. Lots of water. We each carried a backpack with our lunch and water. It was crowed but that is probably to be expected as it is Labor Day weekend! Would love to visit again when it isn't as busy.  I was able to really enjoy the day and I feel that I was able to get some nice pics...


At the beginning of our hike we were pretty high. We walked all the way down... It was a hike down but the hike back up was a really good workout!
The water was peaceful.
Howard and Zoe went exploring...

I even looked like a hiker today. Nice to get out of the concrete jungle for the day!
Howard and I just enjoyed the beauty of this gorgeous place... We could sit for hours and just take it in the scenery.
Bless her heart Alissa kept up very well although it was really a tough hike back up for these little legs. She did well! Even on the slippery rocks!
Zoe enjoyed some quiet time zoning...
Zoe and I

 Slippery rocks but a good little workout in itself. I enjoyed climbing around on the rocks today!
She loved getting out of the house today and was soooo good! I'm glad we took this little trip! The fresh air did us good!

Hau wore the GoPro on his head and we haven't looked at the footage of that yet. I bet he got some great footage there!


This was my favorite shot of the day. I thought the way that the sun shining through was awesome...

No comments: