Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Comfort Food Comfortable Mood Happy In My Skin



One of my originals, Lost In The Game...
Today
I revisited my originals today. I played each one. I really like my originals! I feel that they are truly authentic to me! I really like the music and the sentiment here.
I also spent a great deal of time in my kitchen. I created some new recipes! I made a Mac and Cheese with a shallot, red pepper flake béchamel  cheese sauce. It was the best Mac I've made and I will do  this again!

 I also created a new dessert recipe that I call,
Salted Carmel Apple Pie Crisp
A variation/ combination of Apple Pie and Apple Crisp.
I started by peeling two different kinds of apples. I used both Golden Delicious and Gala apples.

I made a crust Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal crumbs and butter.  I baked the crust then
I added a little sea salt to my apple mixture.  I drizzled some carmel sauce on top of my apple mix of cinnamon, nutmeg a few tablespoons of granulated sugar and a few tablespoons of flour coated my apples. I made the traditional crumble with flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, oats and butter...
It really was delicious and I served this with a scoop of vanilla icecream. This really went over well and I hope that it will even taste better tomorrow as I have a lot of it left!

No comments: