Sunday, September 20, 2015

Bake In The Oven Bake In The Sun Garage Sales Are Fun

Yesterday, I had a big garage sale. It was an exhausting process yielding very little money. I spent the past week gathering things to sell from the garage and, the house. My 13 year old likes to run the bake sale that I always put out, with the sale. I baked these goodies and I let Zoe and her friend Paige sell them.They did a great job, and sold quite a bit! I let her keep the proceeds. Between the baked goods and the stuffed animals that she sold, she made more money than I did! It was a good family project. We got rid of a lot of old clothes and things that were just taking up space. What we didn't sell, we took directly to Goodwill to donate. We met interesting people and a lady brought her well trained dog by to do tricks for us! My neighbors came by to say hi and contribute as well. One neighbor even brought a few things over for me to keep lol...It was a fun morning.
This well trained dog was very entertaining at our sale! He could do a lot of tricks and, he did lol. Here he is pictured with a treat on his nose awaiting approval from his owner to eat it... This lady was a hoot. She showed us his titanium crowns on his canine teeth...Explained that this dog even does commercials...


The money I made, goes toward my Christmas fund. I was able to start my Christmas shopping. I start early every year because I have so many Grandkids. I like to spread the holiday spending out so that it isn't one big expense and push at the Christmas. It has proven to be a lot less stressful this way!

My husband has said that he likes that I do it this way. Makes the holiday season so much more enjoyable! I am one of those Grams who thinks that new PJ's for Christmas is a good thing. I also get them a few toys... They have come to expect this from me. My daughters have told me that the kids look forward to new jammies for Christmas. I hope this is true lol!

My oldest came over with a few of her kids to sell some old children's clothing. Britt did the best of all of us. Kids clothing sells well at garage sales! She was pleased that she came over to sell with us. It was more fun this way too. It is still hot here in AZ! We were baking in the sun yesterday. We moved the bake table at least three times to get out of the sun. By mid September all of us in Phoenix are looking for a reprieve from the intense AZ sun and heat! It won't really cool down here until November!



Have a great Sunday all!




No comments: