Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Imagining A Life Free Of Mindless Paper Pushers

 Let the birthdays begin... I have two special G-Kid birthdays to recognize this week. Tonight is a get together for Nathan who is turning 8. I am going to Britt's, for pizza and cake this eve. On Thursday my Granddaughter Elizabeth is turning 6. I have been asked to make her cake. If you know me than you know that I mean to do well with my cakes. I am not a great decorator and so I am a bit nervous about the outcome of this cake. My daughter asked me to bake a cake centered around the movie Frozen. I have yet to even see the movie! Daughter Britt sent me a few pics from Pinterest regarding  color choices for the cake.
I did however, happen to have this castle cake mold from a few years back! I also happened to have a pretty scalloped cake board.  I am thinking that I will keep the cake rather simple. Britt bought a collection of Frozen figurines that I can use around the perimeter of the castle!
 I found the flags and printed them for free from Pinterest! I think these will look cute on the tops of the trees. I am going to do my darndest to make this cake special. 
In between the birthdays we have court coming up regarding my Granddaughter. I have had a barrage of paper pushing people, (who can't even keep straight my Granddaughter's name), making appointments with us so they can document that they came out? None of what I see has anything to with  the welfare of this child.
Court is next Wednesday...
My daughter almost had her daughter returned to her by default! CPS was supposed to put a parent aide in place to oversee the visitation. They didn't do that and as a result, my daughter's attorney threatened to file a motion for her immediate return! My daughter had not seen her daughter in 6 weeks! We Skyped  with her but that isn't the same as a real visit.  The case worker is now overseeing the visits and burning state money like crazy! He sends a cab for my daughter who is an hour away! She comes in the cab to pick up my granddaughter and then they both go to the caseworkers office. The case workers office is another trip across town for the visit. They do a return trip as well to both my home and my daughters home an hour away! The cab fare must be astronomical! They are doing this three times this week! We marvel at the expensive of this. This could have been avoided if the case worker would just do his job. It amazes me the lack of concern and the scrambling in this case. Why does it take a threat for someone to care enough to just do their job?
 
Imagine written by John Lennon 

No comments: