Sunday, January 24, 2016

Momentary Lapse Can Blow Up Your Path Choose Love

This guy really surprised me! He was sunning himself along the bank of our neighborhood pond. I spotted him as I was jogging by. I just had to get a closer look! I knew we had turtles in the pond. I took my G-Kids there specifically to look at the baby turtles last year or so. I was surprised to see them so big! Another turtle was also there until he heard me and dove back into the water. I love that these turtles have grown up and are big now. You can't tell but I would say this guy is about the size 
of a salad plate. Don't you just love that my scale of measure is in dinnerware lol. This little friend is adorable and I'm glad to know that we have these creatures in the neighborhood to go visit!
Our local high school had a bit of unfortunate publicity on Friday. National attention was given to a picture that a group of girls posted spelling out a racial slur. I'm not even going to dignify the word by telling you what it is. I will tell you how sad this is for our community! So much bad press for our little town. This happens to be the school that Zoe will be attending come next fall. This community is very diverse in cultures and ethnicity! Hard to believe that these preppy looking gals would put these letters together to spell this, then pose with smiles on their faces! The parents of these girls must be so upset. I hear that these gals lost their scholarships and face possibly being expelled!
I have lived here for 11 or so years now. Although I know Ahwatukee to be culturally, diverse - I have heard the words All White Tukee murmured in jest and jokingly. I suppose this is the misconception of our community. Look around town and you will see how diverse! I'm embarrassed by the  thoughtless actions of these kids. With social media clamoring for these unfortunate moral judgement mistakes I see how quickly this became so widely known! One horrible lapse in judgement can blow up your slated path! I'm sure these girls aren't laughing now, what a shame! 



I Believe In Love, written by Elton John.




No comments: