Saturday, January 23, 2016

M.O.M. Matriarch Of Many



Window watching! 
Yesterday was a hodge podge kind of day. Nothing eventful, just the everyday norm. Today Zoe is taking gifted testing. This test is offered through our school district for free! The testing assesses a child's propensity for ? I have no clue as I am not sure what criteria determine giftedness! She has 
been a straight A student throughout her education experience. She tested in to advanced language arts and math classes before she even reached middle school. Throughout junior high, she has maintained straight A's even with the advanced courses. Zoe is part of the Junior National Honors Society. We have never had her tested for giftedness, we are curious to find out if she is! 
This need to know comes as she is about to sign up for high school classes. The 8th graders have to pick high school classes for next year, this month! The reality that this little gal is really growing up is really starting to hit home. She will be in high school next year!

Here she is with her friends at our recent Christmas party.
The outcome of this test is more for our own information. As I said, I'm not sure how they measure/assess this.
We are very proud parents no matter the outcome of course! Having been through the teenage years with her three sisters, I know we will need to pace ourselves. We have a lot to try to accomplish in the years before college! The next four and a half years will be busy! I am beginning to see a time where the nest will be empty... Then what will my excuse be for not doing more with my own life? I'm having fun living vicariously through my grown kids and my husbands continuing education process. 
I always feel as if I have a PhD in "life experience ", from the School Of Hard a Knocks!
The continuing education from that school is never ending! Just kidding. Mine is the role of support... I'm the cheerleader, and the sounding board for all of the students near and dear.
After all, I am MOM...
(Matriarch Of  Many)

" Critics Choice " written by Chicago.
When we look back on our lives, I suppose no one is as critical as ourselves. Accomplishment as well as beauty lie in the eye of the beholder!









No comments: