Monday, January 11, 2016

I'll Cover Your Head Till The Bad Stuff Breaks

Win Written By David Bowie
"My cover" of Win.
I'm not going to pretend that I knew anything personal about David Bowie. In fact, my only knowledge (other than what I have read), is all my perception and what he meant to me as an artist. I loved Bowie. Every strange quirky personna and rhythm track. Beyond talented and insightful artist whom words won't adequately describe. If I ever could have, I would have wanted to tell him how grateful I am for his contribution to music history. All of his artistic value on pop culture that he leaves this world with. What would it have been to be that Icon? Yet he was just a man whose life was fraught with what ever Demond's, phobias and crosses to bare, just like the rest of us here. 
Still this creative genius appears to have had to endure and face his mortality with great contemplating. He leaves his final album intitled "Blackstar" to us. Listening to it in it's entirety today, I feel I have a sense as to his inner turmoil about his demise. The last video he leaves, us "Lazarus"...

Leaves me with a true sense that he was really struggling with his own mortality. To me, it's very dark! I see nothing hopeful in his thinking other than to be free as a bird. Other than that, it appears fearful, deceptive and as if he felt like a puppet.  Angry with God because he had called upon his "ass" (so he says),when he was down and out. In the video you see him writing frantically. As if he really had so much more that he wanted to say! In the end he gives us one last glimpse of Bowie dancing ...he then becomes fearful and goes into the closet... Very figurative in my mind. "Ain't That Like Me", are his last words to us...Omg...

I'm stunned as many are of my generation... He's gone!
I so loved you David Bowie. Thanks for giving us your unique talents and musical efforts-

My favorite David Bowie song wasn't even a big hit. It just touched me beyond tears. 
Never Let Me Down.

The lyrics of this song offered hope of a great friendship. Something I really wished to have  to help me  through a really dark time in my life. On some level, it gave me great
comfort .  These are lyrics that stood out to me so personally...
When I needed soul revival, I called your name- Your soothing hand that turned me round, a love so real swept over me...
And though my days were slipping by- with nights so cruel, I thought I'd die-
She danced a little dance till it made me smile, she was shaking like this honey doin that-  she never let
me down...
Lastly, this phrase brought me to tears then and now... 
When you've got nothing coming, call my name- when all your faith is failing, call my name. I'll be strong for all it takes, I'll cover your head till the bad stuff breaks-  I'll do my little dance till it makes you smile,  shaking like this honey doin that. Never let you down, I'll never let you down!



Awwww R.I.P. David Bowie












No comments: