Wednesday, December 23, 2015

The Stockings Were Hung With Care


The stockings were hung with care in the hopes that St. Nick soon would be there... 
As adults, we never give up on our secret desires. The things we wish for are different and they don't always fit in a stocking but we still have them.  We have hopes and dreams that are very specific and very broad as well. We wish and hope for success, good health, all of these things for our families and all we hold dear. We have hopes on a global level concerning the state of, and well being for the universe and all the masses. You name it, we have thought it. Good things, good feelings and Yuletide  wishes! Most of us desire peace on earth and goodwill toward men (and women). Nobody wants to think of anyone hurting especially at the holidays!
As I said, we all have dreams, goals and desires that are extremely personal as well. Those who are religious pray to God or whomever they have chosen to worship. I understand and respect that! I however, am choosing as a grown 53 year old, to ask Santa for a few silly and only important to me 
things this year! I have a little tree in my room. I will write my most secret desires down and put 
them under the tree for Santa...silly? Ok...
The older you get, the more people you miss as many pass away. With every day that passes, you feel an urgency to fulfill your passions and dreams before it is too late. You understand that the clock is 
ticking for all of us. Try as you might, you become restless and dissastified about the life you have 
fashioned for yourself. You start to second guess your mission here and wonder if you couldn't do more, be more for yourself! I see this as being what they call a midlife crisis. I am living this! 
An oridinary housewife, with an extreme desire to do and be more! I have hopes of doing something 
in music that will pay me! 
I will share with you the silliest of my secret desires. What the heck, you are all strangers all 11 of you who may read this...
On a piece of paper, I will write this wish to Santa...

I want to meet Roger Hodgson and Rick Davies! I would love to have them over for dinner and 
talk...lol! How is that for a childish, self indulgent, utterly ridiculous and unattainable desire! Yet, it is 
one of my hidden and deepest desires. I could get really into this daydream including planning the menu in my head for such a dinner! I actually think that it would have to be two seperate dinners as the two have parted bitterly since splitting their musical efforts, I believe. Both artist have captivated 
my heart with the music that came from their souls. I wish to know these brillant songwriters!
For those of you who aren't familiar with the names, they are the two songwriters from the group Supertramp!
See, we may grow up, raise families, have big careers and big lives but we never really quit having silly little fantasies! I guess it always keeps us wishing on stars and on Santa. So under the tree this silly, self fulfilling, indulgent desire goes. While I'm at it, how bout my desire to record my music in a 
high tech music studio?!!! 
You are never too old to dream and to share your wishes to Santa! 

I leave you with these ... A song written by Rick Davies that I cover called Casual Conversation.






Click on this link ➡️ Hide In Your Shell was written by Roger Hodgson
I love and so admire each for their musical contributions to the world. Each sharing unique perspectives and great music!
I want to know you!!! 
Under the tree these wishes will go!





No comments: