Saturday, December 26, 2015

Downton Style Puts A Smile On My Face


Among my gifts for Christmas are these gems.  Zoe and I have a "thing". We watch Downton Abbey together! We have so enjoyed watching the whole series and we are sad to see it ending. One final season and that is that... We look at each other and say, now what are we going to watch? I was so glad to have found this way to connect with my 13 year old. Sad to see this go!  It's nice to know that she enjoys this time with me...

Now for some quiet time after the hustle of the holiday! Clarice kitty hugs are at the top of things I want to do today...
Yesterday was just the three of us for the most part until dinner... Zoe was thrilled to get this gift.


She so would like to be a rock chick...lets see how she does with this!
Who at 13 has a Christmas Tree in their room? She really wanted one in her room lol...



Delcee and Britt!

It was also my husbands birthday yesterday. This can be a challenge to make special...we try every year to make his B-Day feel like a birthday. 
Black Forest Cake


Daughter Delcee made an extra special effort with this cake! The most beautiful and delicious Black Forest cake! Wow... I'm not the only baker in the family. This was the first year that I didn't make a Christmas dinner! My daughters had us over for dinner. It was a grand scale dinner as well! Prime rib, baked potatoes, green beans, salad and potato rolls! Amazing! 
I am so proud of the women my girls have become. Definitely fun to hang out with!

We had my husband open his "Birthday"presents when we got home... He's just a big kid so we gave him a few fun things. Including keeping with my theme of the tight glass for the right beverage loll. He really enjoyed that! A win for me as he can be the most difficult person to shop for!
Boys and their toys...a spy drone...

Lastly, he was very happy to receive a nice bottle of something...he hardly drinks but enjoys having some nice stuff...

I'm exhausted just like most of you are! Enjoy a few minutes of peace and quiet if you can today!







No comments: