Wednesday, December 2, 2015

My Worried Mom Heart Is Heart Broken Over Second SVT Episode

I'll Be Home For Christmas written by Bing Crosby. I wrote this particular arrangement of the song...
I
Click on the arrow and it should take you to this YouTube video!
I spent some time today on this old Christmas classic. I am proud of the arrangement. This is complex and rather difficult. Hence the many takes it took to get this upload lol. When I don't play something for awhile, I have to almost rework it lol.  Finding a new take or few chords makes a big difference sometimes. Since I don't read music, most of this has a lot to do with memory... If I lose a chord, I have to try to retrieve the chord by memory and disecting the chord by ear... I suppose anyone that plays by ear, has the same kind of process and or memorizatition. I'm not sure what part of the brain you use but I imagine alot of different neurons are firing all over the place. Add vocals that you are trying to perfect while playing and my neurons are going crazy! You would think this 
would make me extremely coordinated right? Lol no, I'm a clutz! 

Meanwhile, the rest of my world keeps rotating on it's axis... Zoe had another SVT episode on Monday darn it! The school nurse called to tell me that she was in the office with a racing heart... Like 192 beats per minute high! I raced over to the school expecting to scoop her up and run to an ER. Thank goodness a cold pack applied to her cheek, did the trick in resetting her heart rythum! We were able to escape he ER this time and the whole episode lasted only 10 min this time. I was sad that    she had another episode of this. I was hoping that the SVT was an isolated incident... Awww. So now our reality is that this more than likely will be a thing that we have to deal with at some point.  Now it is a matter of waiting to see how intrusive and uncomfortable this electrical heart issue becomes for my daughter. I had this very talk with her about this. The cardiologist had offered an ablation proceedure should this become a real nuisance. I told her to trust herself to know when and if to have the proceedure. She is level headed and I don't think she will want to put up with this scary, random 
with no warning occurence. Pain in the butt to never know when this will occur. I brought her home 
with me after the episode was over. Zoe wanted to stay at school and I probably should have allowed that! Next time once it's over, I think I will encourage that she stay. She isn't sick! The last thing that I want is for her to feel fragile. She isn't.  Once it's over, she is fine! 
Bless her heart literally! Darn...ugh!
Zoe is pictured here on the left...with her BFF Paige.







No comments: