Monday, December 14, 2015

Holiday Prep Requires Holiday Pep In Your Step

This is going to be a busy week for me as it is for many of you I bet. I am hosting a Christmas party this upcoming Sunday evening. A few friends and my kids with their families. Still and all, planning on up to 25 of us. 
Although it will be chilly, we are planning on a patio heater and a firepit to provide ambience and warmth in the yard. Inside, outside party. We might even do a little Christmas Karaoke as I bought a silly Christmas Karaoke CD. We have a nice Karaoke player that we break out for parties.
I still have a Christmas Village to set up. That will take some time to do! We still have Edison lights to hang in the yard. Plenty is left to do before Sunday's party.Holiday
I am baking a special gingerbread cake and two types of holiday cookies for a cookie exchange. Zoe 
and her friend Paige are getting together over here Friday night to bake a few as well. Plenty of 
holiday baking. Baking is fun! I look forward to it every year. Daughter Britt is baking a Yule Log for us in addition to a few different cookie batches. 
I'll make a ham in my big roaster. Howard is making a huge quanity of his fancy special sausage. Salads and Rolls and we are good.
When the party dies down we like to caravan around the community to look at the light displays our neighbors put up. If I'm boring you with the small details of my life I apologize! It is however all that I have to blog about right now. The holidays are upon all of us and this is how it goes for me. This consumes my thoughts and energy and, it's what I enjoy doing, every year!

Click here on the links ➡️  I'll Be Home For Christmas


⬆️

I really hope for all of you, enjoyment for all that this season inspires! All the goodwill that your heart can hold. May you prosper in mind and spirit, and find joy and wonder in what lies around the corner. 
May you give with your heart and soul- get back enough to fulfill you...
Enjoy the people and creatures in your life that you love.
Take time to fill your own tank with solitude and time for reflection...
Peace and joy to you my friends!











No comments: