Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Holiday Splendor And Ham That Was Tender



Zoe and her friends at our Christmas Party. Teenagers are so funny... Too cool for Karaoke
lol?

I was so happy with how the backyard turned out, it was beautiful! Loved the lights and candles everywhere...
The food was simple but festive. We made a ham, homemade pasta with hot and sweet sausage, mushrooms, onions, garlic and parmesan cheese.
Semi homemade rolls, a tossed green salad and a cranberry pineapple jello salad.  The ham was slow cooked in pineapple juice and was very moist and flavorful.

We had fun after dinner with a few of us participating in Karaoke. Most of the party was inside watching the Cardinals game. It was fun to watch the kids enjoy singing. 

Lizzy was amazing ! She sang Feliz Navidad and amazed all of us! 
As I said, the teenagers wouldn't even try to loosen up and sing. My neighbor Scott and I managed to get one song in. Mostly the little kids sang everything they even remotely knew the chorus to. It was fun to see them making the effort to try to keep up with fast rap lyrics wizzing by on the screen...too cute! 
Then dessert ! Our cookie exchange was successful, everyone made a few batches to exchange We have  our fill, that is for sure! I had each guest go around the table and hand pick a plate of cookies to take home. I still have a lot of cookies leftover.  

Lots of lovely cookies here!


A great time was had by all. I'm tired today but glad that we took the time to get together and really celebrate! My very sweet neighbor and his foster child brought the most thoughtful gift to my cookie exchange... This lovely cookie jar! 
I love it and will cherish this special gift

The next few days will be quiet as we prepare to enjoy Christmas...
 The weather was a little chilly, as it should be this time of year! 
I hope each of you are finding joy and peace this holiday season!








No comments: