Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Worn Torn And Forlorn

,


I'm reflecting on my current life plight and I'm feeling overwhelmed and the farthest thing from any kind of support. 
My Granddaughter has been living with me for 8 months now. She is actually in CPS custody and I am caring for her. My daughter has done well according to the standards and conditions that CPS set for her to regain custody. We keep hearing that within the next few months my Granddaughter will be returning to "Mom".
As I mentioned in a previous post we have had 5 different case workers in 8 months! Sometimes when I call in need of answers, two weeks passes without a call back! The newest case worker told me that we should have been receiving a "Grandparent Stipend". To date in 8 months we have received not one dime from the state.
Last school year, I went through the state to set up part time daycare for Alissa. I enrolled her in a state approved preschool program. She attended school three days a week. The state was supposed to pay for the schooling. Not only did I get an email with a whopping bill attached, a threat that non payment will end up on our credit report! The bill is for nearly $400.00 bucks! The new case worker took the bill and told me not to worry, he would take care of it?
Not to mention that I can't enroll my Granddaughter in services again until that bill is paid! 
So bless her heart she's at home with boring Gram when she wants to be at school with other kids. Imagine if I was working full time and had to rely on social services for funding to keep my job?! I hear that families who have gone through the foster care certification process haven't been paid in months!
It takes a lot of energy to keep on dogging the system here. More energy than I want to spend chasing my tail. It's enough to hold down the fort here with daily life and a four year old who wants and needs constant eyes... I'm thoroughly wrought. I'm discouaged and although I love her, I'm ready to be done dealing with CPS! UGH! 



No comments: