Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Cake Baking For Cheaters A.K.A Semi- Homemade

 

Yesterday was my Grandson Korbin's B-Day. He turned 8. I made this cake for him. Not the best looking but tasty. For the life of me, try as I might, I'm no cake decorator! My cakes are not the prettiest but this one is really delicious. What you don't see here is the end result when you cut the cake. I layered batter of different colors here and the effect is really cool for kids cakes. I was too busy socializing with the family to take a pic of the inside of this cake? Lol try it, the kids will love it! It looks tye dyed...

 I used two Betty Crocker French Vanilla flavored cake mixes...

 I added food coloring to make the different colors of cake batter...I also had plain colored batter in the bottom of my springform pan and (1) 9in. round cake pan.
I made this pudding according to the pie set of directions on this box. Bought whole milk to use rather than the 1% we drink around here lol. Creamier...After my cake layers and this pudding were completely chilled, I filled the layers with the pudding. I had a three layer cake and I used all of the pudding!


I frosted the cake with this Buttercream flavored Betty Crocker frosting. I decorated the cake with blue icing around the bottom and then the sprinkles. I had some really
 cute jellied lollipops so I took the jellies off the stick and used them for decorations in the center of the cake. I like using candy on cakes to decorate! Especially for kids...
I was so amazed at the big hugs I got from Korbin for this cake! I thought he wouldn't be that interested in it but he was! He loved this cake.


                       Daughter Delcee with birthday boy Korbin, Kadee and husband Sam
Brittany Paige

                                                              Here I am with Delcee
Nathan and Korbin


                                                                                                                 Kadee and Mom
Alissa
We met over at a Peter Piper Pizza. A fun time was had by all. I so enjoy getting together for birthdays!
I was so pleased with the size and taste of this cake that I am going to do this again. 2 boxes of cake make a really nice tall cake!

                                                                           Lizzy


                                                            House written by Elton John

Have a great day, whatever comes your way!    

No comments: