Friday, August 28, 2015

Casual Conversations Are Inviting And Enlightening


If you were to come for a visit, this is probably where we would sit. Not fancy but pretty comfortable.

My family room is just that...we watch tv here and hang out here.
My oldest daughter Brittany and I had a conversation yesterday. We actually sat down and talked. She told me about a lovely bed and breakfast place they had just stayed at with her boyfriends parents. She explained every detail about the décor and the homey feel... she kept telling me that it was me... the decorating the entertaining. The meal preparation, all me. I have thought about this before myself. I know that she is right, I would be very happy to own a bed and breakfast. I love to decorate for the seasons and I work hard to keep things nice and I cook well... It would be a great job fit for me! It only takes money lol! Lots of money. I sure could see myself doing this though and, enjoying it! My daughter knows me well!
It was so nice to just sit down and have a conversation with her! That has been lacking in my life, just chatting. People are always so busy running around and checking their phones. How about the art of conversation! How long has it been since you had a really nice conversation with someone?

Britt hates this pic lol. I took this pic at Korbin's party the other day. We all looked drenched and we were. We had a nice storm right before the party that dumped a massive amount of rain and wind! The whole storm lasted about 15 min. Monsoon season is almost over I believe. We find the storms to be exciting and rather fun. Lots of humidity in the air...
I'm grateful that Britt and I had the time for a nice chat yesterday. She really inspired me to think about what I want to do when I grow up!
For now, I'm living this in more ways than one...
Casual Conversations written by Rick Davies








No comments: