Saturday, August 1, 2015

Ambiguous Ingenuity Come To Me!

I think it's so interesting to be able to see other peoples perspective. My daughter put together clips of our summer vacation. She obviously liked the water. She was in charge of taking pics and video with the GoPro camera. I called Zoe and her friend Paige the "mermaid photogs". If I had the camera I would have taken more pics of the landscape and food lol. Zoe did a great job of including the G-kids in on the fun. Britt, her hubby and four kids joined us for a night and few days. It was great to hang out with them! Click on this link to view this video, if you like vacation videos lol. ➡️My daughter's perspective of our vacation.

Now that we are back, we have the arduous task of getting back into school mode. School starts here on Monday. Back to school shopping is on the agenda this weekend. Zoe is starting her last year of junior high. I hope this will be enjoyable and memorable for her! She is a stellar student and rather shy I think. She takes her education very seriously and we appreciate that! Her hope is to complete the dual enrollment program in high school earning her AA degree and graduating high school at the same time. Two graduation cermonies lol!

Her Dad has a good handle on steering her education. He works as an enrollment counselor for University Of  Phoenix. He has helped my big kids structure their classes and degrees. He has guided them through getting set up in college classes to picking degrees. He knows the ins and outs of degree programs and which degrees pay the most. This really helps my big kids as they are in the process of earning their degrees! This is something  that I'm so grateful to my husband for! This has been such a blessing.

It's an incredible age in which a lot of a persons education can be obtained online! I wish I had that opportunity when I was a single Mom in the 90's! Now I'm a homemaker in my 50's looking for work with no degree. I've been a stay at home Mom for so long with gaps in my job history... I wonder if McDonalds would even hire me? I think about cleaning houses...at least I would be able to create my own schedule. I think about trying to find a place to play my keyboard. That I would love to do but I don't know that I would want to put myself out there in bars by myself...

I really hate that in my 50's after having given my family all of my time and energy I suddenly find myself trying to magic up a career for myself! It's so humbling and embarrasing! Daunting, depressing and discouraging come to mind. Ugh, the things we do to ourselves! God, I wish I had a purpose and a freakin career!











No comments: