Monday, August 3, 2015

No 401K I Stay Home All Day!

 The Queen, of "Something More Than Nothing".

Clarice!
This cat is so soft you wouldn't believe! What a treasure. I found her via a cat rescue group. I've had Clarice since she was a small kitten. She has a meezer personality for sure. Extremely playful and a bit snippy. She has a really sweet side too but only when SHE wants to be affectionate. She is a treasured family member!
Today is the first day of school in our district. Zoe is starting 8th grade. Her last year of middle school. So far she has managed to escape the drama that middle school can be. The ridicule and scrutiny of her peers seems to have eluded her. I have heard nothing of anything like that. I hope she can avoid the drama. I'm grateful that she has surrounded herself with nice friends!

I'm hoping to find some semi quiet time today to make some new goals. I have several chore type projects that I need to accomplish. Mostly I'm waiting for cooler weather! It will be 110+ this week outside so I try to avoid being outside. Yesterday however I decided to trim a row of large oleanders that were growing out of control. They are along the driveway, right by where I park. I have been annoyed by backing into them while trying to put my G-daughter in a car seat. I hacked them way back! I used a pair of trimmers so it was  a good workout in the process. This was an extreme amount of outside work in the heat. I drank a lot of icewater before, during and after. That project took an hour and a half and by 9:30 am it was so hot! I did however have the satisfaction of accomplishment. My husband noticed my gumption! Showed him what a tough chick I am lol.  Saved a ton of money doing it myself!
The problem with being a full time housewife is you are never finished. You just keep adding tasks to your to do list while repeating the day to day chores.
No 401K, I stay home all day.  Without social security I'll have no retirement benefits! Where's my pension? Ugh, the things we do to ourselves! 



No comments: