Monday, August 17, 2015

Paying Attention To My Own Backyard...

I don't suppose that this looks like much work but it is. Especially when it's HOT! Geez it's been miserable. 112 today here in Phoenix. Still over 100 at midnight. In the high 90's at 6:00am.  We have a free bulk trash pickup quarterly here in Phoenix. I do a lot of yard work right before the pickup date along with whatever I just need to toss out. The mesquite trees we have are a royal pain. They always need to be clipped and grow like weeds between trimmings. I am starting this clipping process a few weeks before the pickup date. This is a slow process as I have to clip all of the folage off of the branches.



Yard work will kick your butt in 100 degree weather. You power down water but just working hard in the intense sun and heat fully hydrated,  made me tired. I did however feel as if I had made a big dent in this yard clean up project. This yard in the winter and spring is really cute. This yard isn't lavish or fancy but when it's cleaned up, it's a nice place to be! I love the yard.


Tire swing! G-kids, all 7 of them love this big tire swing.



Not fancy but comfortable!



This yard allows us to enjoy our inflatable waterslide...



Family reunions

I quite literally hugged this tree today. I love this gorgeous tree and I admire it often. 


My favorite part of my backyard, this majestic mesquite tree. This tree and the yard  sold the house to me 10 years ago next month. I could invision family gatherings, and kid friendly place to be. This yard has served us well. Allowing room enough for everything we have asked it to do from camping  out in two tents to 100 folding chairs and tables for a beautiful, charming New Years Eve wedding! Lots of wonderful memories full of family and friends breaking bread and listening to Bread in this yard! 
Speaking of Bread, ( Sorry, couldn't resist ). 
My cover of Guitar Man on SoundCloud 

I admit to being a tree hugger in my own backyard. Ok, Maybe I've even talked to this tree a few 

times...
I Love My Backyard!

Ps. Is it any wonder I talk to trees? Lol just sayin...











No comments: