Thursday, August 27, 2015

Living It The Hard Way The Ineffectual Nightmare Of CPS Protocol In AZ

I can't express enough how unsatisfactory our Child Protective Service is here in Phoenix. I'm trying to do the best that I can with this circumstance. My frustration is mounting as we navigate through this process. We have a new case worker. This is 5th case worker we have had in the 8 months I've had Alissa. The most unsettling part is feeling so unimportant.  I get this feeling every time I have to deal with this agency. It is pathetically sad really. I'm angry that more isn't being done to ensure the long term safety of my Granddaughter. It's very obvious that these workers are just pushing paper. They have no interest in their clients.

 They send someone out who is required to make a monthly visit. It's the same thing every month. They ask questions not giving a damn about my answers. God forbid I should have a question or a need for an answer about something. I can't tell you how many times I have been told that they don't get involved in or with a process. The attorney that was assigned via the court for Alissa, told me how she wouldn't be involved or know anything about a criminal case involving abuse of this child! Well then what the heck do you lady?! I didn't say that but I sure thought it!

 They are so compartmentalized and ready to tell you they don't handle this or that, not their job. Passing the buck/ responsibility to different entities within the system. A vicious cycle of disclaimers and excuses. I feel so bad for anyone having to deal with the callous lack of care throughout this division of state government. You really understand how little anyone cares for your family and the child involved! Nobody is really looking at the needs or the facts of the case and circumstance.

I fear that I have been stuck with a $400.00 bill for childcare. CPS authorized a preschool program
my Granddaughter was attending. They were going to pick up the cost. It was only a part time.
program 3 days a week. I have been getting emails from the school district for a $400.00 bill that they were supposed to pay. We are now under threat that this will go on our credit report!  I also can't enroll Alissa in any programs until the bill is paid ! So she is stuck at home with this Gram...

My daily life is complicated enough without having to chase my tail trying to get anywhere with this agency. Sometimes it takes two weeks for anyone to get back to me. I completely understand why AZ has such a huge need for foster parents. Who in their right mind would want to have to rely on this system for any kind of support? If you are financially well off maybe you could afford to take this on. Putting up with the callous unfeeling, uncaring individuals another point of contention! I admire anyone who would want to subject themselves to this willingly?

I find this so sad from my vantage point. From what I understand, I think the criminal case has fallen
through the cracks. So when this child goes home, I believe her abuser will move back into the home.
 Unfortunately, she will be slated for more abuse. I live an hour away from where she will reside so, I won't see what is going on. I have to just trust that CPS knows what the hell they are doing in returning this child! I air my concerns and I just get blank stares back at me. I feel totally helpless and hopeless regarding the outcome of all of this. I thought in the beginning that I could really do some good in taking this on. Now, I feel that not only am I not able to help effectually long term, nobody gives a damn! The most tragic part is now, she knows the difference! She has lived in this lifestyle for almost a year, going back to that environment is going to be so overwhelming. Dirt poor with no prospect for change! Ugh, so then I've got to wonder, what did we really accomplish for this child? Gave her a reprieve for a little while only to have to go back into an unbearable hard life. Now she will feel and understand the difference, what a harsh reality...

I find this whole thing a no win situation! It's probably a good thing that I don't drink because I can
see myself wanting to escape in a bottle of something often! Guess I'll stick to playing music as my
drug of choice...oh and chocolate.  I don't think their is a big enough box of chocolate to ease what I feel in my heart. Pass the Kleenex please...Awww, damn!

Praying For Time written by George Michael




No comments: