Friday, November 6, 2015

Creating Is The Reward Of The Journey


This is always my favorite way to wake up in the morning. I get up at 5:00 am. so that I can spend an hour to myself planning, thinking and writing my blog! Liquid inspiration! I like to ponder my next musical project. I haven't been able to have quiet time for recording a video. I was asked to try a couple of new things to create a better quality YouTube video but I have my four year old granddaughter under foot and I simply haven't time to spend on myself. Today, I may attempt a video.

I was told that my Granddaughter may be able to go home around Thanksgiving. I think we are all trying to transition our thinking for that big change. I have had her nearly a year, and I think she has really become dependent on the schedule I have tried to create for her. I know that she and her Mom will have to create their life together! I really hope that they can fall into their own happy life! I won't know what to do with myself with the quiet. I imagine that I can do a lot with my time! I am really looking forward to having time to think! I have missed my quiet self! I enjoy having time to create and write! It takes a great deal of focus and quiet time to be able to do that! Songwriting is a process I'm finding. Everyone has a different way of writing. So far, the music comes to me first, and then I write my lyrics.

We all have our hobbies, and this one makes me the happiest "Me" that I can be. I think I understand that I probably won't get to be grand in this lifetime. My dreams are still mine and I won't ever give up until I am unable. Age, is just a number! I still want my 2nd act! If I can't do it on a large scale, I will create my own. My accomplishment will not be measured by other peoples expectations of success. If I only create for myself, I will have had the personal success and experience of having created! If the universe doesn't recognize and or appreciate my musical contribution, that's ok. I have created! It is the process of creation, that is the reward! (This I tell myself when I feel I can't get anywhere with it all.) Seriously though, the feeling that I had as I finished my first original, I will never forget! It was an extremely spiritual experience. This propelled me into a feeling of empowerment like no other! I felt as if I had finally recognized my truest, authentic self!

I tried like heck to get it out there for the world to hear. I thought it would be well received. When it fell on deaf ears, I was stumped. Lol. When I play my own works, I feel at peace, as if my soul has spoken. If my songs are thought to be good, or just awful, doesn't really matter!  They are unique to me and my life experience. I have appeased my human spirit. This is the true reward in life. If the universe and the masses, choose to recognize and reward you is insignificant really! The reward is the experience along the way! That being said, I will share yet again my first songwriting endeavor. True to my life experience and straight from my heart! I almost see this as fitting in a country genre?

Something More Than Nothing!

It's the journey, not where you end up that matters... Greatness, begins and ends in the mind and spirit of the beholder!

 "Whatever I touch, there I will prosper!"   "Whatever touches me, I will make better!"  


How do you measure your own success? What makes your heart sing? Whatever it is, do it today!

























No comments: