Saturday, November 28, 2015

A Different Kind Of Thankfulness This Year




I cooked and baked for two days. I was proud of this display...

Homemade Pies! Apple, Pumpkin and Pecan!

It was only five of us this year. We invited Lexie and Alissa over. It was good to see Alissa doing so well adjusting with her Mom. I really got the feeling that they are both so happy just to be back together again. I feel that Alissa is happy. After dessert, Alissa was ready to go home with Mom. She seemed to be ready to get back to her new territory. We took them across town to their apt. It is small but Lex has fixed it up the best that she could with what she has. It's clean and cozy! I'm thrilled that things are stable there now. I am adjusting to the quiet. I have been so busy with holiday prep to really feel the impact of the quiet yet. One day I will feel it. What I have felt is a tremendous 
relief from the responsibility of caring for my daughters child!  For this I am thankful!

Now on to my own life, whatever that is...



No comments: