Sunday, November 22, 2015

Collecting Recipies By Day Wishing On Stars At Night

  


Good morning from my new home office! I'm sitting here gathering my thoughts and having my one cup...It is Sunday and we have had a quiet weekend doing a whole lot of nothing. Something that I haven't done in a long time! I screen shopped online...didn't buy, just browsed. I wrapped a bunch of Christmas presents. Fine tuned my office... 
The quiet has been awesome. Zoe will be returning this evening. 
Like a lot of you, I'm mentally preparing for Thanksgiving dinner. Getting out the recipes I want to use and making a shopping list. This year, I'm cooking for only six. I'm glad to have a small gathering this year. I will be doing all of the cooking, including baking homemade pies. 
Gone are the days of the jello salads except for a few that I make in honor of my Grandmother Ruth. She two that I just loved and looked forward to for Thanksgiving and at Easter. Her Thanksgiving 


Cranberry Salad is the perfect accompaniment for a turkey dinner!



Here it is in her handwriting... I love digging out her old recipies and replicating those fond flavors from my childhood! My family seems to look forward to this particular salad as well!


This is the recipe book that I pull out every time I want to incorporate and remember my childhood. Everyone should have a book like this filled with family recipes. I am passing the the torch with my grown daughters. They call me for recipes from time to time. I realize that with all of the technology people really don't have a need for cookbooks anymore! You can pull recipes up on your tablets and computers, even your freakin phone... Still, nothing beats having a recipe book to look at! I love cook books and collect them.
In my office...


In my kitchen...


I'm telling you this career housewife identity runs deep! I have been at this a long while...
Too bad it doesn't pay! It has been fulfilling but no 401K! Regardless, I will continue doing the best I can at it.
In my spare time,  I will do what I love to do ...
THIS!!!
Click here on this link ➡️ Silent Lucidity










No comments: