Friday, October 23, 2015

To The Boiling Point Or Maybe It's Just A Hot Flash

                               It's here! My beautiful new Red Floral Lace Temp-tations bakeware!
It came on the day from hell. It was waiting at my doorstep when we returned from the hospital. I didn't even want to open it till the day after all of that weirdness. This stoneware is so solid and so slick! Easy clean up! I used cooking spray but I bet I didn't need to for easy clean-up.
I made one of my favorite casseroles, Hamburger Corn Pie. It's a Tex-Mex dish with a cornmeal and cheese topping so it is rather tamale like.

                             I tell ya, I don't know what's going on here,but life keeps hitting us where we live. My husband is the sole provider here and now his job is in jeopardy. He has worked at this company for the past 11 years. For the past 5 of those, every holiday season they lay people off! Without fail, in November I get a call from my panicked husband telling me that they are walking people out right and left. He has been able to avoid the cut the past five years. This year, they are asking people in his dept. to voluntarily quit. Offering various severance packages to the people who volunteer. OMG! He forwarded the email to me yesterday. This company drives me nuts! He's pretty sure that he will be one of the many to be let go as he is one of the higher paid people in his division. Due to his seniority there. Ugh! He's looking at me as if I should be the answer...God knows I would want to be! Now would be a good time to Sh*t a career. If I could, I would! I would love to be able to save us from financial ruin!

He just started school again this week to get his Master's Degree. Ugh! I'm kicking myself that I don't have a viable career. I have made homemaking my career. I wonder how much money I can make working at the Dollar Store... lol. I'm pretty sure that won't save us...I am feeling helpless and hopeless! I keep thinking that he will be spared but I really don't think so this time.

We will know in a couple of weeks! The stress of this week has just makes my blood boil or is it just a hot flash? I need to turn the tides here with some good luck! When I said I was excited to sing the blues, I didn't mean that I wanted to live them!
Click on the arrow, it will take you to this song on YouTube.







No comments: