Wednesday, October 28, 2015

It's An Acquired Taste



Coco Rose is a sweetheart! I have been really enjoying this great dog! I gave her a bath and blow dryed her fur yesterday. She just follows me around the house...I assume she is missing her Mom.
I have been doing domestic chores all week. Today I will be spending some time working on a Christmas song or two. For whatever reason, I do okay with seasonal music. Last year, I posted  my cover of So This Is Christmas to my SoundCloud channel and it got a ton of  hits! It was so fun to see that happen! 
The ultimate would be to write my own Christmas Song. How about a Thanksgiving song lol... Maybe I will go into writing mode and see if I can come up with something. It has been a while since I wrote anything. People don't listen to originals unfortunately! I guess the market is full of original 
material and people don't take the time to listen to new stuff? My originals go seemingly unnoticed. I 
would be offended if I thought they weren't liked but they aren't listened to enough to be unliked! I 
recall when All Of Me, came out. I had never seen so much promotion for a song. They played it 
constantly! He was everywhere! They spent so much time and money on promoting it. You really didn't stand a chance of disliking it as they crammed it down your throat! I remember I wasn't sure if I like it at first. I heard it so many times, it grew on me. It takes listening to things a few times to decide if you like it! Unless, it's quirky or repeatively catchy... You invest yourself in the music that you enjoy listening to. 
I urge you to listen to a song that I have written, listen to it half a dozen times. I bet you might like it. I know that the more I play my own originals, the more I like them and, they become more a part of me. This is my latest original  song, Who Controls The Stars

Click here on the link➡️ Who Controls The Stars
You can't say that you don't like a song if you only hear it once.Your brain h to become familiar with 
sounds. Almost as if anticipating them!
Kind of like food...You have to try things several times before you can decide that you really don't like it. Sometimes, things just grow on you!
It's an aquired taste! 



Something More Than Nothing 
I have come to understand Liberace with his rings and flamboyance. Elton John with his glasses and Lady Gaga with her meat suit! Something has to get your attention! They have to get you to look at and notice them! Ordinary housewives from Phoenix can't seem to grab you!










No comments: