Thursday, October 22, 2015

A Visit From The Supernatural Or Just A Horrific Day...

                                                R.I.P Dear Trudy... she is on the far right here.

I was in the middle of recording my latest YouTube video when I got the call... It was the school nurse informing me that my 13 year old daughter was in the office complaining of feeling lightheaded and a racing heart. Being a Mom, my heart dropped when I hear the concern in the voice of this nurse. She tells me that they have my daughter lying down with a pillow under her legs. I'm running through the events of the morning before I sent her off to school and I come up with no explanation for what it could be. The child I sent out the door four hours previously, seemed fine! I no sooner got my purse and Alissa together to go out to the car and, the nurse was calling again! This time to inform me that they had called the paramedics and not to be concerned when I hear the sirens as I'm driving to the school. My head was spinning...could it be that serious? My God!

I got to the school and I could hear the sirens behind me as I pulled into the parking lot. I ran in to find my daughter and several office staffers standing by to oversee how she was doing. Her pulse rate was extremely high! Again, I ran through a mental checklist trying to come up with causation. I even brought a bottle of water thinking maybe she had forgotten to drink and was dehydrated. After the paramedics assessed her vitals, they told me she needed to be transported to the hospital. They started an IV and did an EKG.  Full sirens and lights, as we drove what seemed to be a long ambulance ride to Cardon's Children's hospital in Mesa. I had to sit up front in the ambulance and had no idea what was happening with my daughter in the back. The experience was so surreal and such a shock! I couldn't believe I was racing down the freeway in an ambulance with my healthy kid in peril.

When we arrived, the paramedics informed me that they had to give her medication in the ambulance to slow her heart rate as it was in the high 190's! They explained this medication as something that resets the heart rhythm. It worked well and she felt better. They ran test and sent us home with a heart monitor for my daughter. They had no real explanation as to why this happened other than they see this frequently in puberty with kids...They gave it a name, it's called SVT...Supraventricular tachycardia. She has an appointment with a pediatric cardiologist in about a week for an ultrasound of her heart. They gave us a heart monitor that she has to wear almost constantly for the next 28 days. Although this scared all of us, she really appears to be fine! This kid has been healthy beyond healthy her whole 13 years! Never a health issue beyond a cold and maybe the flu.  This was such a shock! They told us it could be an isolated incident as well with no real explanation! This experience was terrifying for all of us!

Upon arriving home my husband found our 12 year old dog on the side yard in grave condition...No telling how long she had been there as I had been gone for the day at the hospital...We scooped her up and ran her to the vet. They ran test to find that she had cancer throughout and was in grave condition. We had to make the tough decision to put her down... This was Zoe's first puppy. She grew up with this dog, they were very close. I have never seen Zoe cry so hard...with regret, we had to say goodbye to our precious Trudy...

The events of the day with Zoe having a heart issue and Trudy falling ill made us all wonder if somehow the two incidents were related... After all, losing Trudy made us all heartsick! Could Zoe have had a supernatural connection to our dog? Kind of like E.T.?

For what it's worth, I haven't slept much  these horrible events of loss and the stress  have consumed me. I will always remember the day from hell, October 20, 2015. 

Here is the finished video I was working on...
I Put A Spell On You written by Jay Hawkins







No comments: