Thursday, October 29, 2015

Homemade Caramel Corn This Gram Has A Few Tricks Up Her Sleeve


Tonight we will be carving our pumpkins along with many of you! I wanted to make a little homemade treat for the G-Kids to fill up a treat bag. Rather than more candy, I found a nice Caramel Corn Recipe. I added some butter toffee peanuts for extra richness. God help me if any kid that has a peanut allergy comes around here! I guess I should feel very luck that none of my G-Kids has a peanut allergy issue! 
I found a recipe that I believe came from the Karo Syrup bottle! I will let you find your own recipe. I will just show you the craft portion of my treatbag.

I baked the popcorn recipe for 45 min in a glass dish coated with cooking spray, @ 250 degrees. Stiring and turning the popcorn every 17 min or so. This ensures an even coating and no burning of the caramel.

Then you turn out the baked popcorn onto foil that also has been sprayed lightly with cooking spray. Cool for about a half hour...

I searched the internet to find a free printable tag for my treatbags. I thought this one was so cute!

A sheet makes four tags to cut out and fold in half. I also used a hole punch so I can string the tag onto my bows for the treatbags. 

I also adorned my treatbags with a Dollar Tree Halloween lollipop. 

Finished and ready for G-Kids! 

And maybe for a few others...

I had a helper every step of the way... I hope that she always has a memory of us doing this together!
She is my little shadow and is always eager to be a part of whatever this Gram does. Bless her heart!












No comments: