Thursday, October 15, 2015

The World Doesn't Gives You Accolades


Try as you might, sometimes it seems as if your effort goes un noticed. You can work hard at everything that you do and what you end up with is exhaustion. Lol. How many times have you spent your time and energy thinking you were accomplishing a lot only to find you have somehow fallen short at the end of the project? I have been feeling a lot like that lately. I try to do my best wherever my focus takes me. I wrote an affirmation last year...
Whatever I touch, there I will prosper- Whatever touches me, I will make better.
I'm all for positive thinking! I have yet to feel that the universe is hearing me though lol. You don't know how many times I find myself outside taking out the trash in the evening, looking up at the sky and wishing on stars. Wishing for recognition and some sort of accolade for the effort I put out, in any direction. I'm looking to feel that I am good at something! Surely I am?
When you live with a habitual naysayer, you simply must have many talks with yourself and the universe about what and who you really are!
I was watching a YouTube video of Annie Lennox doing I Put A Spell On You. Specifically her performance at the Grammy's...I found myself  in tears beaming with pride for her performance. I think in the history of that song, nobody has or will ever do it better! She had everyone in awe and on their feet! Astonishing!
What, would it be like to be able to feel like she must have at that moment in time!
I am attempting to cover that song as well, with my own arrangement lol. I gotta say, she really set the bar on that one! Lol. Don't get me wrong, I have no delusion of being able to get anywhere close to her intensity and ability to sell a song. I merely intend to have fun with my own style and arrangement. Mine will not sound like anything that I have heard. It has my own kind of stamp. I thought that it would be fun to do around Halloween.
No, the world doesn't give you accolades, you've got to recognize your own accomplishments. Take time out to notice a few of your own, whatever they may be!
Casual Conversations written by Rick Davies
Have a great day!




No comments: