Thursday, October 8, 2015

Resolute And Relieved About Resolution



This was a sweet sight to see when I went to bed last night, my BFF's were waiting... These cats are so precious! It's still too hot for covers on the bed. I don't even put the comforter on when I make my bed. 
Court is this morning. We are going to see what the outcome is of all of this with my daughter and granddaughter is today. We also hope to be able to talk to the judge and let him know about the what it has been like on our end. I really can't tell you what I am hoping for here. I dread in ways that Alissa has to go back into her poverty stricken life. I do however know that my daughter has rights to raise her daughter without prejudice about her socio-economic status. I just want Alissa to be safe and happy. If that can be achieved by being placed back with her Mom, I'll be glad! It will be a different life for the two of them now that Dad has been banished from the picture.
No telling how this day will play out for my family. At least we will all come away with a better idea of what to expect in these upcoming weeks and months. I will have a better understanding as to what my daily life will be. I know that Alissa returning to her Mom is a sure thing as long as my daughter continues to do well, as she has been.
I feel that if I were ever needed to be a permanent solution I would want to be. I have come to terms with this.
 Post Court:
Alissa will be going home as soon as CPS puts a reunification team in place. The judge will sign custody over to my daughter. This may take a few weeks to a month. The judge commended my daughter on doing a good job in these past 10 months. All in all, a 10 minute hearing.  We spent about 45 min. talking with my daughter about her future plans and her victory in court today. I really hope this new life as a single parent will make my daughter stronger. I know that shes looking forward to starting over! I suppose that she has earned the right to try.

 My SoundCloud cover of ➡️ Don't Leave Me Now written by Roger Hodgson
What a heck of a year this has been so far this year... 









No comments: