Friday, April 8, 2016

This Fool's Overtures Are Humbled



Nothing is ever what it seems. Perspective and perception change when you are actually faced with the realities of any given situation. I just googled myself… I found that someone compiled my music that I posted on Soundcloud into a CD and is trying to sell it for profit. I didn’t give permission and I am not benefiting in any way from my music but someone else gets to?
In fact, I see my music and name all over the place. My blog posts… Everything that has my name on it is there to see. Everything I ever wrote about Roger Hodgson is there… How embarrassing…that man must think I’m a stalker rather than an enthusiastic fan…

  Anything that I have ever said including my Amazon review on a Little Golden Book is there for all to see. Holy hell, I need a social media person to go in and clean that all up…
It’s no wonder that everything I do is for free. All of my energy here, and everywhere I touch in social media is for free. I can hear my mother’s voice telling me “Why buy the cow, if the milk is free.” Talk about depressing…all this that I have done to try to promote my self in music, just looks ridiculous…Google yourself, it’s humbling. I bet it would cost me a pretty penny to clean this all up!
So many people have taken my music and are trying to sell it for profit. Pages and pages of scammers…
Here is screen shot of one of the things that I found so blatantly out there. People trying to profit from my hard work and efforts…
I have been trying to justify what social media has done for me?

Just OMG!
I’m embarrassed and I haven’t done anything very embarrassing!  I don’t even have a traffic ticket! Mostly my life is mundane and uneventful as a housewife in the suburbs. No scandal, plenty of mediocrity and caretaking of people. Yet I am shamed by my social media presence that makes me look ridiculous…
Hopefully it can be construed as passionate. I’m passionate about my music and the artists that are my idols! Roger Hodgson, Rick Davies and Robert Lamm come to mind. Speaking of which, I read that Chicago is being inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame today! Long overdue…My favorite band as a kid…

I carved this wooden plaque as a school project when I was 14 lol. Love you Chicago!
Yet another post to add to the social media clutter associated with my name!  I mean well…This song comes to mind today.
Fool’s Overture , written by Roger Hodgson (my SoundCloud cover), of this amazing original!
Roger is such an amazing composer. When I watch this, I wonder what it would be like to have full orchestra accompaniment on a piece of music that came from my mind to become this grand… What would that be, to have this in your head?!!!!!!
My adoration for this arist and his accomplishments has influenced me greatly as a wanna be artist. I wonder if in Roger’s formative years as a musician, he ever sat down at home and played covers of songs? Who and what influenced his musical direction? Who has he listened to? I would love to hear the play list on his iPod!
As I scroll through the clutter of things associated with my name on social media, I add this today. I may be a fool, I may be foolish to think what I have to give musically is worth money… My overtures and intent are humbled!

No comments: