Friday, April 15, 2016

Temp-tations Dessert Is Colouring My World


Temp-tations Dessert Is Colouring My World


image
It came! This beautiful stoneware,  Temp-tations casserole dish in poppy. I was so excited about this lovely piece. I indulged and bought myself two seasonal pieces of Temp-tations. I can see this being used for all of my spring, summer and even fall big family get togethers. Can’t you just see homemade Mac & Cheese in this? Baked Beans with onions and bacon… Potato salad, fruit salad you name it!  I will probably put this dish to good use over the weekend. I am thrilled to own something so lovely to serve in. I have a thing for decorating for the seasons. If you follow my blog you know that I decorate for every major holiday. I have only been doing this for the past 10 years or so. It’s a lot of moving stuff around and work but I love the outcome. I know that my daughter Zoe appreciates it too. My 7 grandkids get a kick out of it as well I’ve been told. I love Temp-tations for this very reason, they sell the most beautiful seasonal pieces! They sell out so fast that unless I’m watching when they debut them, they are gone! I can think of two pieces of Temp-tations that  I, (dearly wanted ), but sold out before I could buy them. A 13×9 in. multi colored leaf patterned baker, perfect for stuffing! The other is also a 13x 9 in. baker with beautiful spring colored Easter eggs. Beautiful pieces that one day, I hope to display for my holiday feasts. Maybe the next time they appear on QVC I will be in the know and can snatch them up! It’s the little things that make a home, homey!
  
 Here is the second piece that I purchased from QVC. This piece is a 13×9 in. baker. So versatile that you can do darn near anything in it! It has been on clearance for awhile so I snatched it up as well on easy pay. It’s so beautiful that I can’t wait to bake a cake in it! Beautiful vibrant colors! I appreciate being able to find pieces that help my home be a nice place to come home to!
 
I see my vanilla flavored cake with whipped icing and lots of fresh sliced fruit on top, in this baker… That is my vision and the first thing I want to bake in this. My plan is to frost and decorate this cake while Alissa is at visitation today.
This child is so sweet and has a real appreciation for all of the domestic housewife stuff that I do. Sweet! She appreciates pretty desserts as well as fresh clean laundry!
 
First, I have to get everyone out the door. Zoe to school and Alissa ready for visitation!  Alissa started supervised visits with her Mom. A CPS caseworker picks her up and takes her to a CPS office to visit with her Mom, twice a week, two hours a visit. The caseworker then drives her back here to me. This first visit was really hard on Alissa. She had been holding up well and seemed to be adjusting like last time until she saw Mom. She cried many tears after returning back to me. Alissa’s previous attorney was reinstated as her attorney, in court on Tuesday. My daughter and her husband were supposed to be at that hearing but didn’t show up! The judge rescheduled the hearing for a date in mid May. Not a good way to present your case huh?! Alissa’s attorney is coming out to see her/us, on Tuesday. I will be able to ask questions to find out where all of this is headed… I had heard that the attorney is moving for severance of paternal rights which then makes Alissa adoptable … This will be a huge change in our family! A big undertaking but bless her heart she is precious! I hope to be able to fill the void and eventually enhance it, if called to do so.  I’m still so mad at my daughter for failing so badly! I love my kid but don’t understand her inability to be a good parent. Plenty of grandparents are raising kids, the statistics are staggering! It is however a long way back and wouldn’t be my 1st choice of things to do at 53 years old! I had a different vision of how life would go as I’m sure many Grandparents are feeling.
I still have a 13 year old daughter to get through highschool and her teenage years as well! Plenty to do. Zoe is academically minded and is a straight A student. A choice that she has driven for herself with very little coaching from us. We only hope to be able to help guide her to continue on this great path in highschool.
I’m grateful for my new purchases which help me focus on the goal of making my home feel like home. It was fun looking online at these beautiful pieces with Alissa. She seemed to genuinely be interested in them.  We looked at the whole Temp-tations line together, before I made these selections lol. We both looked forward to them coming. I’m hoping that coming back here to this cake will help to soften the hurt of missing her Mom just a little…
Thanks Tara @ Temp-tations for colouring our world a bit!
 

Colour My World written by Chicago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ra4dq8IeMw

No comments: