My Stepford Wife Exsistence Leads Me To Have Casual Conversations By Myself

img_2279-1
Oatmeal Scotchies! Oh yum!
I baked these according to the directions on the butterscotch morsel package. I actually baked these to send off to my in laws in California. I decided that I would bake and send a batch of cookies to them a month. A different kind of cookie each month. They seem to appreciate the baking side of me. They don’t even know I have a musical side. Isn’t it funny that people seem to choose what they want to know about you? The determine the extent in which they want to know you.
My husband isn’t at all supportive of the musical side of me and so, his parents have no clue. They don’t know me other than I cook, bake and am their sons wife…
My husbands brother knows that I play and sing. Because I don’t read music, he and his wife will make snarky comments that I should take lessons and music theory classes. They snicker and sneer at my musical attempts. I never bring it up in conversation as it’s clear that they could care less about what I’m doing and what I’m trying to accomplish. It has made me indifferent. In fact, I really believe in their eyes I am merely Howard’s wife. I am a non person in my own right. His brother is a professional camera man. He worked as a videographer for a prestigious news station here. He has worked on music videos for his church friends trying to break into the music biz. He now does documentary pieces. He surely could have shown a little bit of interest or conversation for my YouTube channel? No… I must just be an embarrassing joke.
No bones about it, my husband has no interest to share in my musical side. If I try to talk to him about it, he walks away from me. He only finds me important if I am what he wants me to be and do. I am a non person to him other than what he wants and needs from me. Ouch!!! I am surrounded by people in my life who only see me as filling a need they have.
So I sneak a few hours here and there to remind myself that I am a person in my own right with hopes, dreams and  personal goals to achieve! Otherwise I become invisible! Discouraging! Some days I feel as if I’m living in the Twilight Zone… Stepford wife existence.
There is more that I want to be and do than all of this domesticity! I enjoy homemaking to a certain degree. I grow weary of being just what everyone wants and needs me to be!!!
Casual Conversation is written by Rick Davies of Supertramp…
I wrote this song and to date my husband hasn’t  listened to it…
Something More Than Nothing

I spent the afternoon in the kitchen baking and cooking. Above you see my homemade chicken and dumplings… The quick version… I semi cheat as I bought a bag of frozen veggies that are specifically for soup. I did however add a big sweet onion, some shallots and I minced some sweet basil to throw in this.
I simmered 5 chicken thighs for about 35 min. In water that just covered the thighs. Remove the thighs to a bowl. Add your seasonings and a carton of chicken broth. I added  about a teaspoon of each, Italian seasoning, and garlic 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Two cubes of chicken boullion. Stir well and add the frozen veggies. Simmer and stir occasionally. Stir together 1/2 cup flour and 1 cup of cold water. Stir well, no lumps pour into soup. Stir well ! Simmer for 10 minutes. Add 1 small carton of heavy cream. Stir and simmer for about 10 more min. Soup won’t be thick, but will better resemble stew.
*Bisquick is a great shortcut for these dumplings! Follow the directions on the box.bI added parsley flakes to my dumplings. Spoon onto boiling soup. Cook uncovered for 10 min. Cover and cook for another 10 min. Turn off heat and let it rest for 15-30 min! Yum!!!!!!
A friend of mine has asked me to work on putting together a song for a set of lyrics that she sent to me. I love the challenge of this and hope to put together something her band likes and can use! I love that she asked me to do this for them! It’s fun to be included in on a musical project