Monday, April 18, 2016

My MiracleGro Fun Day Sunday

The MiracleGro Sunday Fun Day

image
The weather can’t be beat here the past few days. Breezy but warm enough, not too hot yet. I love this time of year. By next month we will have turned the corner into HEAT. I planted seed pods yesterday. My oldest daughter Britt, sent away for project kits from Miracle Gro for us .They had some kind of promotional thing in which they send you seed pods of your specified choice. She picked cherry tomatoes for herself and selected a kit of cucumbers in mine. We split them up!  30 pods came in each of kit. I am assuming that these were intended to be for classrooms. They came with tags that suggest this idea. Anyway, I had a fun Sunday getting my planter box and many pots cleaned out and ready to plant. Lots of fresh air and exercise yesterday. What a nice day to be outside! These pods were cool. Wish I had thought to take a pic to show you what they are. I have seen them at Home Depot, they are called Growables. They are made with a biodegradable pod shaped container. In this container is dirt, seed and fertilizer. You just plant them in loose soil, flush with the dirt, you don’t cover them since the seed is already encased in dirt. Water and they should begin to grow!  I’m looking forward to watching this process!


Something about planting things is just fun. Alissa helped me in the whole process of getting the bed and pots cleaned out and ready to plant. I broke up and turned the soil as well. If you look closely here you can see the pods in the center of the pots. Couldn’t be easier to plant!

Although this looks like a viney mess, in this box we are still getting a large amount of cherry tomatoes! In back we are still yielding eggplant which, I happen to love!

These are my flower pots which I rescued from the Javelina’s and rehomed to the backyard lol.
 Still rather dark at 6:15 AM…
Obviously, I had several pods left over that I couldn’t plant not enough containers! I took the remainder around to my neighbor friends and shared the wealth. I got to visit with friends and share this food source project… In my estimation, it doesn’t get much better than that! What a great way to spend Sunday! It was so much fun to share these and catch up with my neighbors! I enjoyed every minute of my Sunday…

No comments: