Monday, April 11, 2016

PaddleFest Lake Pleasant And Plenty To Do Thanks To A Few!


   
   
This was so funny, to me anyway… I couldn’t stop laughing! I guess you would have to know him for this to be funny?
Anyway, a good time was had by all.  We spent a few hours out at Lake Pleasant on Saturday.the weather was a little chilly and overcast as we were expecting rain on Sunday. We did get rain here in the desert yesterday! The big kids Zoe and her BFF, Paige tried Paddleboarding and kayaking! This event allows you to try Paddleboarding . Looks like a lot of fun but takes practice. It was a free event as well. A $6.00 cost to get into the park but that was the only cost.
After we left the lake, we met relatives for lunch who live on that side of the Phoenix. They brought a ton of clothes that their daughter had worn when she was small. This little gal is now in the 6th grade but her smaller clothes were in such great shape! She seemed happy to donate them to Alissa. When Alissa came to me just over a week ago she came with almost nothing but what she was wearing. I have been scrambling to shop and put together a wardrobe for Alissa. Mission accomplished thanks to Monique! 
  
This was an awesome help as it will save us a lot of money and stress! So very sweet! We also received help from my oldest, Britt. She came over Saturday eve to do homework with my youngest, Zoe and BFF, Paige. Zoe and Paige are in honors math and good at Algebra. 31 year old sis Britt who is attending W.P. Carey Business School,  at A.S.U. was struggling. Zoe and Paige worked for several hours on Saturday and now Britt feels much more confident about her final coming up on Saturday! This was so sweet and made me do happy to see!
  
I’m so glad that they worked with Britt on getting this Algebra out of the way!
Sunday, Britt contacted a group of ladies that she is friends with and they gathered up gently used toys for Alissa as well! I was thrilled to feel the support from this group of ladies! Wow, just wow. I feel like  very relieved to have been able to Alissa settled in so nicely!
   
Doll houses with play furniture!
 
Even a precious doll stroller!
   
Tea cups, dolls and fun things to do! 
 
Magic wands and tiaras! Even a bike to ride when she wants to learn how to ride! 
I didn’t have much other that stuffed animals here before these ladies helped to pull this room together. We now have a whole box of toys for her to play with! I so appreciate the help!
  
Community support feels so great. I will make sure to give back, as well!

No comments: