The Rube Goldberg Project Teaching Patience In A Generation Fraught With Instant Gratification

image

I am assuming that a lot of you are unfamiliar with the Rube Goldberg Project? In our school district, the 8th grade class has a end of the year science project worth probably a hefty amount of their grade. My daughter Zoe and her BFF Paige, put this together completely by themselves. I was in awe when I saw the effort and infinite patience they had in fine tuning this to get it to work. I even wondered if it would be possible! I am thrilled for them that they were able to create this start to finish including the video and editing! These kids are amazing and are on the path to great success. I’m not very objective but I know great effort when I see it!
Here is the link of the finished assignment that will be submitted to the science teacher. This isn’t due till May 5th and I am thrilled that they didn’t wait until the last minute to get this done! Now they can focus on the fun things about finishing up middle school…the promotion dance, water park and the promotion ceremony! We are looking this week for “the” promotion dance dress…
Click on this link➡️ Zoe & Paige’s Rube Goldberg Project!

These girls would rather eat continental breakfast so this was my offering… Homemade cranberry oatmeal muffins, fruit and sliced cheese.
Alissa, my helper in all things culinary…
The whole weekend was spent on this project. Along with the science education, I believe this to be an excercise in futility and patience! You wouldn’t believe how many times these kids had to reset all the books and the pulley. We even had climate challenges with the inturption of wind knocking down all of the books! Pain in the ***!
Have a great Monday!