The Life Of The Party My Little Pony Rainbow Cake


This sweetie turned 6. I wanted to make her feel really special. This was her first birthday with us. I planned a family party for her with her cousins. Two of them were with their Dad and couldn’t make it… The party was a lot of fun. Watching the kids dance together was so much fun! Video below posted lol…
I wanted to make a special girly cake with “My Little Pony”, figurines. This is what I came up with.
From concept to completion.
I bought two boxes of Funfetti Cake mix and made them  according to the package. I baked two 9 in. rounds and, a castle Bundt cake mold.


I used the two rounds on the bottom. I used a canned white/vanilla frosting between the layers and to frost the two into a cake. I leveled the bottom of the castle cake. Positioned it on top of the frosted rounds.
I bought Neon colored food coloring gel for my concept. I melted one can of vanilla frosting, portioned out 4 bowls of frosting. I added the gel food color to my desired tint. I spooned the different frosting tints onto the cake randomly in a downward drop fashion. I used sprinkles and heart candied decor gems to decorate the cake. Spray can  cake frosting for embellishments and borders. More sprinkles lol…

I paused overnight at this stage. I was able to fit this in my cake carrier overnight. The day of the party I added the whipped cream icing that I bought from my local grocery store in the bakery. This stuff works great for the snow effect! I bought 12 small My Little Pony cake toppers on Amazon to use for decorating and part of her gift. I also bought a larger My Little Pony that lights up for the very top of the cake.
Anyway, more sprinkles and embellishment…

The finished cake finally took shape and this was my end presentation.
                                                                                                                 ⬇️

I so enjoyed all of the rainbow color on this cake. I am obviously not a cake decorator. Anyone with an idea and some time can create this. The kids seemed to really enjoy it! I served it with Vanilla ice cream. I really thought it was delicious! I have had a lot of fun making girly cakes. This one, took the cake!


Pasta salad, baked beans, hot dogs, chips and hamburgers. BBQ, kid fare. 
This video was fun. Kids having fun and showing us their moves. Sooo endearing!  The weather in Phoenix was cool but not cold yesterday. Perfect for our little outdoor get together. I had the best day! The kids cracked me up!