Not Much To Do But Enjoy The View And The Weather In Phoenix


Here are some of the ways we decorated in honor of Lunar New Year.

Usually, this tree is in full bloom for Chinese New Year…first time I can ever recall it not being since we’ve lived here!
This is what happens when the Lunar New Year and Valentine’s Day collide… View from my backyard today. This is where I am sitting as I write this post today. It is just a bit chilly with the wind here in Ahwatukee today. We just hot back from a really nice Dim Sum lunch. 

Drinking some delicious infused water on my patio…
The most beat up and comfortable patio swing is my perch as I sit and listen to the birds and my windchimes. So peaceful and relaxing. Yesterday, I spent a lot of my afternoon cleaning and sweeping my patio… today, I just get to enjoy it. We spent a great deal of time yesterday running Zoe around in regard to the Sadie’s dance. Geez kids need to be taken all over and their friends need to be picked up. 

I feel like an unpaid Uber driver… After we dropped her off, we had Vietnamese food for dinner.  It’s been an Asian Food weekend! Except for the Girl Scout cookies we bought just outside our grocery store…
Later, when it gets dark, we have Sky Lanterns to launch.

Amelia will probably really enjoy launching a few Wish lanterns. She has never done them with us. She soaks up all the different cultural things we try to experience. She is an awesomely adventurous eater as well. She is an amazing kid!
House
I leave you with a song and slideshow video from last year…
I hope you have been having an awesome weekend as well!
Tyna