Sunday, June 5, 2016

You Can't Imagine Until You Have Walked In My Flip Flops



You Can’t Imagine Until You Have Walked In My Flip Flops


I had a family birthday bash last evening. Daughter Britt and family, and Delcee’s kids attended with their dad Sam. It was a great time minus the freaking heat! It was 106 at 8 PM last night while we were trying to entertain. It had been 116 degrees a few hours earlier! The heat just wears you done. We were all just burnt from the extreme temps of the day. The wind was even hot on your skin.
Plenty of hydration is encouraged and we made sure it was available!

Elizabeth!

Britt and kids!

The best cake that I have ever had! A slight hint of rum makes this cake extraordinary! We have an AJ’s Fine Foods here in Phoenix and this is where this cake can be ordered. Just the best!

Perhaps the most bittersweet development happened on Friday. I learned from Alissa’s attorney that the case has taken a major turn. Things have resolved in the case making adoption possible now. We will be adopting Alissa and the case is being transferred to the adoption division. I was expecting many more hearings and things to resolve around Thanksgiving, this is much sooner than that! What a shock! I was in a fog all afternoon after hearing the news. Wow, just wow! So we just need to finalize the adoption process and Alissa will be ours to raise… I am so surprised how quickly the state moved on this, this time around.
My daughter is surely in shambles and distraught over this. This has been hard to watch and be a part of! Nobody ever imagines being in this position, until, you are! Don’t judge anyone until you have walked in their shoes. I did however assure my daughter that I’ll do my best. That I love her, very much and I care about her well being too. I acknowledge her pain and how difficult this is. I reminded her that she now has a fresh start to do something incredible with her life. School, or a life of her choosing in areas that fulfill her and make her happy! I told her that I look forward to celebrating progress and triumphs in overcoming her obstacles, with her in the future! I tried to be loving and encouraging to her. Truth be told, I was so worried about how she was going to take the news. I am still fearful and desirous for her well being and exceptance of this. What a harsh and hard reality…
I have had a Mother’s heart for my daughter now that the final word has been passed down through the courts. I know she really loves her daughter but for whatever reason, isn’t able to carry out the mission.
I leave you with this cover of Imagine, written by John Lennon.

No comments: