Friday, June 10, 2016

Beat The Heat Retreat With Roger

Beat The Heat Retreat With Roger

Could use some fine tuning! Timing issues lol. This was fun to do yesterday! I have never put vocals to this song as they are way out of my range. Talk about a challenge! The good thing is the vocals don’t have to perfect, just heartfelt to capture the essence of this song… It was fun to play around with. When I cover Roger Hodgson songs I appreciate the genuis behind the song. Very very complex with a great degree of difficulty! What a great mind and ability to compose! The original with an orchestra available for view on YouTube is beyond grand…their are no words for how all encompassing the sounds the whole amazing composition. It just brings you to tears it’s so awesome! An emotional journey. The original is soooo grand! This is about the most scaled back version that is out there lol. 
Is it any wonder why I would clamor at the thought of meeting this man? I so desire to just be in his presence and look into his eyes. Maybe just a tad of his brilliance would rub off onto me? Many people cover Roger Hodgson, Rick Davies of Supertramp. What strikes me as funny, more than a few times people that view my covers of these, ask me for the sheet music. When I tell them I don’t read music and don’t have any, they ask me to change camera angles so they can see my fingers better. I hear that it is impossible to obtain sheet music for Supertramp songs. If you can find it, it’s terribly expensive I hear!  Lately, people have been asking me to help them or tutor them. I get kind of annoyed as I would hope that my TouTube channel is just for entertainment value. I give enough of my time  and energy away for free as it is

No comments: