Fitness Boot Camp Father’s Day And Anticipating Roger…

I started at Tempe Fit Body Boot Camp! Today is the first day of my 28 day fitness challenge. It was a definite intense workout with 40 second interval varied, training. I used free weights, kettle ball, pull up bars, medicine balls and good ole sweat worthy burpees, pull-ups and push ups and spider push ups. I have to say that I picked the hottest part of the year go try to start something new. It is at an indoor facility and we went @6:00 am. maybe it won’t be too uncomfortable? It was 96 degrees here @ 5:30 am… Only getting hotter from there! I was relieved that I wasn’t the only new person, all kinds of people are just starting. All different fitness levels as well! I am attending with my friend Mel and, our teenage girls. I have been pretty good at power walk jogging, consistently. I am glad to find out that I’m not in terrible shape. I was pretty able to keep up the pace. The routines are new to me so it will take time to get all of the reps in. I need to become familiar with the different circuits. Good, intense workout!  What would it be to really get in to shape and look my personal best at 54 years old? Part of my, never ever give up philosophy!
Now to clean up this house from the Father’s Day festivities… We had all kinds of projects going on in crafts, making tissue flowers with shreds of tissue paper everywhere. Got out the card making colored pencils, glitter glue and stickers lol… Dishes to put away , a fridge begging/ calling to me to clean it out! Laundry, bed making, mopping and vacuuming all clamoring for my attention. It isn’t even 9:00 am and I’m thinking “Calgon, take me away”!
Here are a few random pics from the Father’s Day festivities…

We went to Dim Sum. A fun experience in dining. Little bits of different delicacies in pots and dishes on rolling carts. My  Asian husband knows what to grab. I leave it to him to pick for us. He has fun with this! We took Granddaughter Lizzy to experience this with us. She is attending a Mandarin Program in elementary school in which, half of her day is taught in Mandarin. The other half is in English! I have to say, she wasn’t as ambitious and adventurous when trying new food lol. It was cute to watch her try to navigate the foods on her plate. Alissa bless her heart will eat darn near anything and she trusts us completely. If we put it on her plate, she just excepts that is what she should eat. I have also rather adapted that through the years as well. I don’t however indulge in the strange to me things that my husband will eat. I draw the line at chicken feet and sea snails! No thanks…
While in the Mekong center, we stumbled upon this cute new addition to my seasonal treasures! This will surely come out to play during Chinese New Year/ Vietnamese  “Tet”!  The lion dance! Click on the arrow for  a small video clip of this guy in motion.

Talk about adorable! The G-kids will enjoy looking forward to watching this guy. I decorate for all of the holidays. I especially enjoy paying homeage to the different ethnic foods/flavored and some of the traditions. Kind of a taste the world philosophy. My hope is that my whole family will embrace different cultures, traditions and enjoy the diverse world that we live in! I also hope to encourage them to learn more and become interested in this world as a whole. 

Zoe, bless her heart came up with this lovely idea on her own. I just bought the materials she needed to construct this fun bouquet! She and her Dad enjoyed scratching away yesterday. He was thrilled to get this gift from her own ingenuity. We are doing to construct a pretty lighted garland with the flowers that she made. Alissa will have a pretty tissue flower garland in her room!
Lastly,

This private event post came to me on Facebook from Roger Hodgson! I have no clue what this is. The event info. only states a time of 5:00 pm. this upcoming Saturday ! Hardly any details as to where or what this Private Event is… It states it is a public concert. I am assuming it will be online as the other people that were invited are from various parts of the U.S.? Should be interesting and fun whatever this is! I’m all in when it comes to seeing Roger Hodgson, one of my most cherished idols! Maybe he will reveal to us why he has chosen this select group for a private event? Interesting!  I can’t wait to find out what this is all about!
Click on the link to hear my SoundCloud cover of – “Fool’s Overture”, written by Roger Hodgson. I really am a huge fan!
Have a terrific Monday! I hope you are all enjoying summer and can beat the heat! Yesterday is hit 120 degrees here in Phoenix. Today we are only going to hit 116?!