This Is The Year Of The Open Hand

img_0362
I took a day to myself today. The kids had things to do with friends and family. The house was quiet and I took time to just play and sing. Therapeutic I’m sure! I also created a YouTube video on iMovie. I used my Praying For Time SoundCloud track. I like making the iMovies, they are very personal and completely reflect my life. They are all my personal pictures set to the music I create. Intensely personal. This one tells a bit of a story about how I came to be a Grandparent raising my 5 year old Gran old Granddaughter. It shows a lot of Alissa’s brave moments. Most of them are. Exceptance of our situation will settle with us in time. I just heard from the adoption caseworker . We begin this process in a few weeks…
When I watched my movie back today, it made me tear up in places. We both looked so tired those first few weeks and months. Weary and emotionally wrought. This life change is humbling for both of us I’m sure.