Twilight Zone Or Jerry Springer Maybe Both

Yesterday we attended a court hearing regarding my Granddaughter. We wanted to see where the state was really going with this case. Before court my daughter came over to us and began trying to justify and minimize her actions that got us all where we are. My husband lost his cool. He was heated and angry. I just sat there in horror mitigating between my daughter and my husband. A place that I have found myself many times in the past, right in the middle! Neither of them willing to look at where the other might be coming from. A place that tears me up and sends me wishing that I could teleport myself to anywhere but there. I felt like I was in an episode of Jerry Springer! Honest to god, I was mortified by the behavior of both! 
My husband was lucky to not be removed from the courthouse. I understand the emotions, I don’t understand the actions! Ugh. How can fury help? I decided that we will not be attending any more of these hearings unless we are asked to. This isn’t our fight, ultimately my daughter needs to navigate through this. Her disrespect and anger toward my husband will ultimately lead to my Granddaughter going to strangers and leaving our family. I do the best that I can to be the voice of reason between the two but I am not responsible for the behavior of either and I don’t want to be! It’s a good thing that I never liked alcohol. I would probably lose myself in a bottle of something! I guess I could turn to Calgon…”Calgon take me away”! Candlelight bubble bath!
Today is Zoe’s birthday and I’m going to try to shake off yesterday in an effort to really make today special for Zoe! This gal is an amazing, wonderful teen! I couldn’t be more proud of this child!

Her BFF Paige, came by yesterday after Zoe caught the bus to school. She created a treasure hunt for Zoe in her room. Fun and such a creative and sweet gesture. This was really sweet to watch! What terrific friends they are, I love this!