My Helper In All Things Culinary


This little sweetie tries very hard to help when she can around the house. I caught her trying to make the paper dinner napkins fancy. I was so impressed by her effort! She is my helper in all things culinary. She grabs a chair and scootches it over to watch me cook. Almost on a daily basis. She calls it Gram’s cooking show lol. She is a precious girl! I was able to get her enrolled in school and she is set to start kindergarten in the fall.

Preheat!
I made my favorite, salmon the other night for dinner. I doctor up my salmon with shallots, lemon pepper, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper. Then I pour a small amount of olive oil on top. Bake for 25 min. @ 375 degrees.
Eggplant is abundant in my garden and, we love it! I sautéed this in olive oil. Seasoned the eggplant with mined garlic, shallots, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper for a little zing!

My sister in law showed me a long time ago how to make perfect rice. First you wash and drain the rice several times. After final rinse you add water to the first knuckle on your thumb from the top of the rice.

Jasmine rice just makes the house smell so nice! 

Set your rice cooker and when it pops and is finished, you fluff it with a rice spoon. Let it rest for about 5-10 min. Fluff again just before serving and you have perfect rice!

Dinner, is served!
Baked salmon, steamed rice and sautéed eggplant…