My Fruit Pizza Endeavor 

Fruit Pizza? Surely you have had this? If you haven’t you should. It’s easy to make but takes prep and cooling time. I use the Pillsbury Sugar cookie dough, found in the refrigerator biscuit section of your local grocery store.

Line a pizza pan with foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray. Cut the dough into slices and using your fingers, pat into a crust covering the bottom of the pan as if it were a pizza crust. I have an extra large pizza pan so I am using (2) Pillsbury sugar cookie dough packages! 

I decided I wanted a little twist/ variation from the  Kraft Internet recipe that I found for fruit pizza. I sprinkled my dough with cinnamon/sugar before baking.

I baked my crust at 375 degrees for 14 min.

Here is my baked crust. I cooled this on a baking rack for just over an hour. While my crust was cooling, I washed, sliced and drained my fruit choices.

The fruit needs to air dry about 15 min. so the fruit doesn’t bleed onto your cream cheese filling.

When your crust is completely cool, make the cream cheese filling. I doubled the recipe to accommodate my large pizza.
I used 2 packages of cream cheese (softened)
1/2 cup of sugar 
1 teaspoon of vanilla
Using a mixer, whip the cream cheese mixture together first on low then on high for 2 minutes. 
Spread carefully and evenly on the crust sealing at the sides with back of a spoon or a knife. Appearance really matters as we eat with our eyes lol as well.
Here is the fun part… Arrange your fruit in a pattern of your own design! Have fun creating a masterpiece with fruit! Use your creativity to create a picture or design.

*Ps. You will notice that I didn’t use the pineapple…I just didn’t feel it worked with my design. We will eat it with Sunday brunch tomorrow along with the leftover fruit I cut for this pizza.
*Also, the Kraft Fruit Pizza Recipe that I found on the Internet, has a glaze that is poured over the fruit. I feel that it is too sweet as the crust is very sweet in itself so my choice is to omit the glaze on the fruit. Just my preference…see Kraft Fruit Pizza link for the full recipe.
*Cover with foil and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Can be made a day ahead. We have been invited to have dinner with friends this eve. I am in charge of dessert, so this is what I am taking.