Thursday, February 26, 2015

Hoping For My Big Break, Wishing On Stars


 Looking For My Big Break, Wishing On Stars




  All of the positive affirmations I say to myself get me through tough times but for whatever reason they aren't helping me to change my circumstances. I try to keep a postive outlook as it keeps me sane. The underlying frustration is ever present.  It stems from my desire to do something with the savant I was given. I keep trying to throw my stuff out there to see if anyone thinks me talented enough to help me make money with it! I have no clue how to play the game or who I should be trying to get in front of. I only know that I have a burning, yearning desire to do this and to get paid. This time in musical history is so cool! A ton of the older bands/ rockers are still touring! Alot are in their late 60's and 70's. Still doing what they love and making money! Age is no longer a stigma to over come. I venture to say that if I don't make it any where with my savant, my age isn't going to be the reason. I love the fact that so many older artists are still creating and executing great music! Well seasoned voices. Many sound better than in earlier years! This gives me hope. With hope, all things are possible I tell myself. I keep thinking that surely their is a place for me in this vast industry. If even on a small scale! Surely I can do something in music and make money doing it ? I feel compelled to try to use this gift. Otherwise it makes no sense to me why I was given this savant! Why would I have this ability if not to use it somehow. So I try! I work at it like a job.
Even this blogging is part of my effort in getting myself out there. Unfortunately I write a lot of blog
posts that nobody reads. Most of my posts are never read. Most people would come to the realization that they should quit. Give up! Go ahead, see where that gets ya... So I opt to just keep trying within the $ 0.00 budget I have. My Mom had a saying. " For free take, for buy waste time". I post my stuff  on every free site that I can find. The little voice in my head tells me " Never never ever, give up!" Nothing ventured, nothing gained! " Lady luck can't smile on you if you aren't in there ". Lastly, my own original affirmation of " Whatever I touch, there I will prosper. Whatever touches me, I will make better. As an eternal optimist,I couldn't have tried a harder industry to be recognized in omg. The things we do to ourselves! 
 These are just a few of my endeavors. I have worked hard on developing both my YouTube channel and my SoundCloud site. Some help and luck would be muchly appreciated! I feel a bit like a middle age Cinderella. "Someday my break will come, someday my big break will come!"





 These are just some of the covers that I do.                      

No comments: