Monday, February 9, 2015

Saying Goodbye To Arthur L. Phipps



This week was crazy busy as I dove into the action phase of the grief process. I elected to host and cook for a Memorial for my father. He was not religious and didn't want a funeral service. He was cremated. We wanted a gathering to honor Dad. I felt it was what I wanted to and could do. So all week I readied the house and yard. About 35 relatives attended and it was everything I had hoped for.

The weather was absolutely gorgeous here in Phoenix. I think it was 84 degrees!


Memorial table.


Daughter Britt made a beautiful edible fruit arrangement that was enjoyed by all!



I made three different kinds of meatballs. Hawiaiin, Swedish and Cocktail. I big pot of  rice and homemade mac and cheese. Salad and homemade rolls. 
Dessert was a no bake cheesecake, frosted brownies, a small blueberry pie and my father's favorite lemon meringue pie.

Dad's widow Terry with my sis Joy.


Niece Mary and newphew Isaac 


Lots of grandkids from both my sister and I.


Zoe!



Delcee


All of  my father's great grandchildren were in attendance!
This has never happened all at the same time. I'm sure this would have put a smile on his face!
When all was said and done everyone left around 6:00. Most had a 3 hour drive ahead of them. I spent hours cleaning up as you would expect after a party this size.
Sunday I incorporated my father's urn into my little shrine...



I hope my father would have been happy with how we celebrated his life. He leaves a huge hole in my heart. I really hope that he is with everyone he loved who died before him. I have this left to say to this great man...
Dad, may all of the mysteries of the universe be shown to you! I'll see you on the other side!



R.I.P Dad...

No comments: