Sunday, February 15, 2015

Watch Out For The Lover Boy

This is a great old Supertramp song that was written by Rick Davies. I love this original. The complexity of the arrangement and mixing of other sounds and instruments.

Here is a my latest cover of this song. I had so much fun getting this one together. What a fun and rather whimsical song. Rick Davies is a terrific songwriter. He in his own right is extremely romantic and humble. I saw a YouTube interview clip in which he was featured. I was struck by how humble he was about being so fortunate to be in the music biz and that it really is an honor and responsibility to the fans to be humble... Rick Davies is also an idol of mine. I really wish that I could meet this man! Haven't a clue what I would say to this man beyond Thank You for your musical contribution to this world! You touched many hearts including mine. Listening to your many compositions put a tear on my face and a smile on my soul!
If I was ever considered good enough to make money doing this, I would want to! I keep trying to get somewhere with this savant. I've become so frustrated at times with the wanting of this. It does however somehow feed my soul to do this so I suppose that is something. 
So I say this Valentine's weekend," Pay me in chocolate! "




No comments: