Saturday, February 21, 2015

Pardone My French Haha...

New York style cheesecake with Strawberry Rhubarb topping
I made this yesterday just for the heck of it! I hope that I can entice some of my grown kids and G-kids to come and enjoy a slice. Otherwise sadly, part of it will likely end up in the trash. 
I have been looking over some of my cover videos and after listening to this one I decided I had better check it against the original. I am always nervous about this song because alot of the lyrics are in French. French Canadian to be exact. I learned this all by ear and I often worry that my interpretation of the French lyric is offensive or just plain wrong. 
After scrutinizing this comparison I have concluded that I am close enough? My fear is always that someone watching is French Canadian or worse, Gordon Lightfoot himself! I invision them laughing their ass off at my lyric interp.



Here is my cover of Nous Vivons Ensemble



What do you think? Pretty close?



No comments: