Thursday, September 4, 2014

My YouTube Year Full Of Effort And Big Dreams...

I know that it's too early for this but I just couldn't resist. Every time I go to the grocery store I see a bunch of Halloween decor and well, I love this holiday. I love every bit of it and what it represents. From spooky, scary to adorable!




I made this wreath last year.

Today though, I was looking at my YouTube channel and I decided that I should list all of the links to my
videos here. I have had my channel about a year. In this year I have posted many cover videos and 3 original ( my very own 😄 ) songs. My husband has been telling me that I need to conform to whatever is popular out there in music. My husband has been very vocal about my music. He tells me that he doesn't "get" it. He doesn't like it. It isn't main stream or funky enough for him. Although I like quite a bit of what is out there, I don't feel that it is authentic to me. I tried that. I did a cover of All Of Me ,written by John Legend. It was kind of a test to see if I could get more views. Because it
was such an over covered song the opposite happened. In fact, it is one of my covers with the least 
amount of views! So I have been sticking with what is most authentic to me and my style of music/ 
genre . By the way, what is my genre? I haven't 
even determined that for myself!

When I look back at this past year I see the vast amount of effort that I have put forth. Hours spent trying to perfect and produce a solid piece to post. It's been challenging and tremendously, personally rewarding. I haven't made a dime from any of it. I hear loud and clear the universe telling me that it's
 my own thing. I get that I'm the only one that "gets my music". I have had very little feedback of any kind on my music. Surprising really. I should consider myself lucky I suppose, people could be very 
nasty and critical. Mostly just silence. Sometimes it's deafening! I think it interesting that I got comments from Terry Kath fans about my covers of his songs. They really weren't about my cover but about him. They would say heartfelt things about him. Terry Kath died when I was about 17 I 
think sooo maybe 35 years ago he died.  He was the husky voiced guitarist from the band Chicago.

In this past year I have established to myself that I can learn, write and execute original songs from deep within my soul. This has been fun!


For whatever reason the following two songs are my most popular everywhere I post them even on SoundCloud. The most viewed of all of my songs...


Here is a complete list of the rest...

I'm really wishing that I could make money doing this. I get so discouraged with trying to figure out how to try. I'm trying to learn the etiquette of social media...lol! Thats a whole other world within a world... Oh man!
If this contribution of my effort and soul never becomes realized to others, it's still part of me. I 
wouldn't change a moment of this. It has meant the world to me on a personal level. I have loved 
every note, every challenge and every memory of it.

I guess every hope and dream I have of doing this can be played out in my head. Next best thing to actually being there doing it!

No comments: